Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Down by the Yarra

In the afternoon I headed off down to the Yarra River area- another area bustling with people and full of interest.
 In the midst of all the trams and car traffic, they still find room for some horse-drawn carts.
 So much to see in the juxtaposition of buildings when you look up- these were on Swanston St I think, though I might be muddled...
 Flinders St station- from where I will catch a train to Sandringham to see my cousins.
 On a footbridge over the Yarra. Looks a bit like the padlock theme from a bridge in Paris is being copied here- except having these on wire means they are not so easy to read.

On a dull drizzly day, the lights from the railway station reflected rather nicely on the Yarra.

Despite the rain, I really enjoyed this day wandering in the city. Walked far enough to give myself sore feet, and you have only seen a taste of my photos here. (The thing about having an umbrella is, it gives protection for your camera!) Off to the Zoo and to see my cousins today...

2 comments:

  1. Second photo is in Collins Street near Swanston Street.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I get confused when I go in the doorway on one street and emerge on another!

      Delete