Friday, March 16, 2012

Took a walk downtown

This morning I took a walk downtown in the sunshine.


There's an attractive café on the corner of Broadway, and the tables are usually occupied. But I was walking quite early, when the tables looked very cheerful with just the morning sunshine for company.

The Broadtop shopping centre used to be full of quite 'mainstream' shops, but now has more secondhand and alternative type shops. I quite like the suburban, laid-back vibe.

 The light was at 'different' angles at this hour, and I liked the way it caught the lines at the entrance to St Pat's.

Finally I reached the Square, and there were tables and chairs galore for me to choose from: I should have taken a picnic brunch...

4 comments:

  1. Long shadows. You were up early. How could you resist passing the cafe that may have had great coffee and perhaps a pastry.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was about 9.30am- so fairly early to be walking downtown. It's dark until later in the mornings now as we get closer to changing back from daylight savings time, hence the longer shadows still. I had only just had breakfast so did pass this café by- but had a hot chocolate at another place downtown!

      Delete
  2. I love these photos. I can imagine myself walking along and stopping for coffee.


    Michèle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Michèle, if I was on the Chemin, and had only had a small breakfast, I would have stopped here for sure- first hot chocolate of the day!

      Delete