Friday, December 23, 2011

357: Gorge Walk


It's definitely time to ramp up the amount of 'training' I am doing for the Chemin that I will start in April. And the Manawatu Gorge is a great place to do it, with lots of hill climbing and a few steep descents... This photo is the view over to Ashhurst from the Te Apiti viewpoint.

I have more Gorge photos I should make a Nomad post with- but in case it isn't 'soonish', here is a second photo, of a tree fern.
 I always think the fronds look glorious against a blue sky.

4 comments:

  1. We finally have some snow on the ground, this Friday December 23rd, not much but if it stays, enough to say we will have a white Christmas. These photos of an obviously beautiful summer day are great and I can sort of imagine a summer Christmas!

    Michèle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful pics! Hope you're doing alright. Sorry about the quake. From what I've heard no one hurt. But a sad year considering the big quake earlier. Hope you have a Blessed, Merry Christmas.
    Ted

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read some NZ direct online news and it seems that are people who were injured but no fatalities. Hope you family members and friends from the area are alright.

    Michèle

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pleased to hear you finally have some snow Michèle- though I guess by February you will be tired of it! Hopefully we will have sunshine on Christmas Day.
    My friends from Chch are all in the North Island presently. I think everyone thought the worst of the quakes were over, so for many it is very worrying to have another sequence begin. Many of the badly damaged buildings have already been demolished- or else they are cordoned off. So the potential for damage is less than before.

    ReplyDelete