Friday, May 12, 2006

Sarlat

This morning I was up early to take the train to Sarlat for the day. Train left 7.30ish, and the trip was gorgeous: full of the kind of 'coffee table' book images you see of the Dordogne. We crossed the river several times. Going this early had special treasures: it was frosty as we moved inland and fog began to hang over and around the river.
Sarlat is apparently crowded in the summer. It is full of varied medieval buildings. I got a good wee map from the Tourist Office that helped me go on a walking tour of all the main places. Then relaxed in the lunchtime sun in the public garden and wrote a few postcards.
Tomorrow I move on to Cahors, then will move up to the Loire to begin the process of getting a bike. It is warm in the days here now but still quite chilly in the night. But soon I hope camping weather will be here!
For those who have been faithful blog readers at home...... don't worry when my blogging becomes less frequent. Cycling will take me to more rural France I think. A new adventure. Hope I like it, day after day!

No comments:

Post a Comment